New Resources: The Current Science on Sugars and Health
The Canadian Sugar Institute Nutrition Information Service is pleased to provide you with the newest editions of our health professional resources, Carbohydrate News and Clips on Sugars.
This edition of Carbohydrate News, entitled Sugars and Health: The Current Science, presents an overview of sugars metabolism, followed by a FAQ session with national and international experts in the field on key topics related to sugars and health. Topics and contributors include:
- Fructose metabolism and health (Dr. John Sievenpiper, University of Toronto)
- Sugars digestion and absorption (Dr. Tom Wolever, University of Toronto)
- Sugars and appetite control (Dr. Nick Bellissimo, Ryerson University)
- Sugars and addiction (Dr. David Benton, UK)
- Sugars and dental health (Cor van Loveren, the Netherlands)
- Sugars and micronutrient adequacy (Sigrid Gibson, UK)
This issue of Clips on Sugars, Facts on Sugars, presents similar topics - sugars metabolism, food addiction, functional properties of sugars, and differences between naturally occurring and added sugars - in a question-and-answer format suitable to share with clients.
As always, our consumer and professional resources are available to order or download free-of-charge.