CSI maintains a Nutrition Information Service to provide
health professionals, educators, consumers and the media with current
scientific information on sugars, carbohydrates and health. The
Nutrition Information Service is managed by qualified
nutrition professionals including registered dietitians and
nutrition researchers and is guided by a Scientific
Advisory Council. The goal of this service is to inform and
educate Canadians about sugars and healthy eating and to advocate
for nutrition policies and recommendations that are based on reliable
The Nutrition Information Service has dedicated sections
of this website to meet the needs of the following groups:
This service also includes the following types of activities:
- Provide resource materials in English and French to health
- Maintain a scientific library and comprehensive database of
articles and technical information.
- Sponsor and participate in health professional conferences
and continuing education workshops.
- Collaborate with academic, health professional and educator
organizations in the promotion of science-based information and
- Contribute expertise to nutrition-related government regulatory
and policy issues.
- Support scientific research to advance knowledge regarding
the role of carbohydrates, sugars and health.
- Support consumer research to better understand sugar knowledge,
attitudes and trends.
- Respond to nutrition information requests from health professionals,
educators and the media.